Describing Chronic Pain to Your Health Care Provider:
- L: Location of the pain and whether it travels to other body parts.
- O: Other associated symptoms such as nausea, numbness, or weakness.
- C: Character of the pain, whether it’s throbbing, sharp, dull, or burning.
- A: Aggravating and alleviating factors. What makes the pain better or worse?
- T: Timing of the pain, how long it lasts, is it constant or intermittent?
- E: Environment where the pain occurs, for example, while working or at home.
- S: Severity of the pain. Use a 0-to-10 pain scale from no pain to worst ever.
Our staff at Metropolitan Pain Consultants looks forward to hearing from you. You can contact us at (201) 729-0001. We offer weekday and weekend appointments. Our conveniently located clinics can be found in West Orange, Aberdeen, Clifton, and Lyndhurst.
As always make sure you like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.